Paper Puppet Postcard: Tanuki the Raccoon / Hilo Yamamoto
Last change: 2021/12/05 20:45:38.
Paper Puppet Postcards:
How to make it:
Welcome to Papercraft Club
How to make a happy raccoon
There are international students who are overseas and have not yet come to Japan.
They are taking classes at Zoom every day, but I would like them to come to Japan early.
- Prepare a rivet pin: [A rivet purchase] and a piece of chopsticks (Bamboo one would be better)
- Download "A Happy Raccoon" PDF from [HERE]
- Print out the pdf in postcard size.
- Alternatively, since it is a postcard size, you can write a message and mail it to your friends.
- Cut out the parts: A-1 and A-2. Glue A-1 and A-2 on each other.
- Make holes at the red and green dots with a needle. Make a small hole. Keep the size of the holes small.
- Take 20 cm of wire and bend the tip into the shape shown in the picture below.
- Pass the wire from back to front through the green hole and bend it to the reverse direction along the tip of the hole.
- Cut out the parts: A-3 and B-1
- Glue A-3 on the leg position of B-1.
- Shave a piece of disposable chopsticks thinly and stick it on the back of B-1.
- Cut out the parts: B-2
- Make a hole at the blue dot with a needle.
- Place B-2 on top of A-1 and A-2 and pass the split pin through the blue hole.
- Cut out the parts: B-3 which is a liquer bottle.
- Paste B-3 on B-2 with glue to hide the pins.
- Fold back the belly tab and glue it.
- Glue the backs of the ears of B-1 and B-2 together.
- Cut out the parts: C-1 and C-2
- Place the chopstick between C-1 and C-2, then glue C-1 and C-2 on each other.
- Move the wire up and down to check the movement of the feet, hands, and tail.
- Wrap the wire loosely around the chopstick and check if you can move it up and down with your thumb.
- It's done.