TiTech-JLC: Japanese Language Test Repository
You must complete the following two types of tests:
- First, listening tests.
- Second, grammar test.
If you have ever taken a Japanese course at Tokyo Tech, skip the grammar test and log into JCOS.
First, take listening tests.
LEAP (Language assEssment for Active Performance) is a type of tests to measure the ability of the language performance by the reaction rate.
According to sentence sounds, you answer and put one or some hiragana characters in the blank.
Check your computer sound:
- Please check if the sound device of your computer works well.
- Each exam is intentionally recorded at a lower-than-normal volume.
- The sound itself originally includes some noises and may be unclear.
- You may use headphones and adjust the volume of sounds.
[Roman Japanese Kana spellings]
- You will type one or some hiragana with roman spellings. Please check the Roman-Japanese conversion rules.
- You may try to type some words by yourself.
- LEAP TEST:
- Each takes about 3 minutes. (PRE-TEST takes 1 minutes)
- When you log in, the sound of TEST will automatically start and you cannot stop it.
- The test will automatically finish by the end of the sound.
- If you want to quit it, press the [GIVE UP] button.
- You may start with PRE-TEST as many times as you want, then you can proceed to the following tests.
- You will take pre-test, test 1, and test 2 in that order.
Second, take 1 grammar test.
- Only once can you take this grammar test.
- If you have ever taken a Japanese course at Tokyo Tech, skip the grammar test and log into JCOS.
- It takes about 10 minutes depending on your ability.
- If you cannot answer the questions, you choose "I don't know" and you will finish it earlier than 10 minutes.
- Start [Grammar Test]
- After finishing all of the tests, log in [JCOS] again.